Welcome to the City of Love!
….and fall in love on the city’s nostalgic ambiance.
How to go there?
1. By Plane. You will arrive in Iloilo International Airport.Take a shuttle to the city center. Travel time is less than 30 minutes.
2. By Ferry. If you are coming from Negros province, you can ride a ferry from Bacolod sea port to Iloilo. Fare is Php250. Travel time is less than an hour.
3. By Bus. If you are coming from other parts of Panay Island (Aklan, Antique, Capiz), Ceres bus were available. Ceres Bus Terminal is in Jaro.
June 19, 2016 – I arrived at around 4pm in Iloilo port. Public utility vehicles were accessible on the port. Since I don’t know where I’m going 😅, I rode a taxi going to the inn where I had booked online for accommodation.
At around 5pm, I went out of the inn and take a stroll of Iloilo City.
Ride a jeep bound for Molo Plaza. Fare is Php7.
1. River Esplanade. Take an afternoon stroll on the boardwalk of Iloilo River Esplanade.
For dinner, Smallville or Plazuela de Iloilo.
2. Molo Church
- Just walking distance from River Esplanade and located near Molo Plaza
The following morning, I travelled going to southern Iloilo.
- Ride a jeep going to Molo. Drop off at the jeepney stop near Iloilo Supermart Molo.
- Ride a jeep bound to San Joaquin. Fare is Php60. Travel time is around 1 hour.
On the way to the town of San Joaquin, you will pass through many bridges, I can’t remember anymore how many bridges above the rivers we passed through.
3. San Joaquin Cemetery.
- Located just beside the hi-way
From here, ride a motorcycle going to San Joaquin Church. Fare is Php7.
4. San Joaquin Church.
Walk going to the hi-way and wait for a jeep bound for Iloilo or Miagao. Fare is Php15.
5. Miagao Church.
Be amazed of the church’s intricate carved design.
Miagao Church is a UNESCO Heritage site.
You may also add in your itinerary:
- Guimbal Church and Plaza
- Tigbuan Church
Went back to the inn and checked-out. Next destination is Jaro, Iloilo before heading to Kalibo, Aklan.
Ride a jeep going Jaro Terminal (it is where the Ceres Bus bound for Kalibo were located).
With limited time (because I woke up late), I was not able to take a tour in Jaro on the following:
- Jaro Plaza
- Jaro Cathedral and Belfry
- Lopez White House
- Lizares Mansion
- Casa Mariquit
Something to look forward when I come back! 😊
Hoping for more travels and crazy adventures! 😊